｜掲載日 2022/12/08｜掲載内容有効期限 2023/01/31｜担当者 総務課人事係｜
Job Announcement: School of Creative System Engineering (Chemistry)
Job Announcement for a Full-Time Position (Tenured),
Chemistry: School of Creative System Engineering, Akita College (KOSEN)
|National Institute of Technology (KOSEN), Akita College|
URL of institution or department
Department of General Education, School of Creative System Engineering
|National Institute of Technology, Japan|
Content of job information
Associate Professor or Lecturer (Tenured)
(Rank will be determined based on qualifications and job experience.)[Academic research field]
Areas related to chemistry in Science or Engineering[Job Responsibilities]
(1) Teaching your subject, and Curriculum development and management
(2) Homeroom teacher (including guardian(s) correspondences)
(3) Club activities
(4) Student advising (including students’ dormitory and international affairs)
(5) School events advising[Educational subjects] (teaching for students)
Chemistry Ⅰ, Chemistry Ⅱ
Chemistry from high school to college level (including Chemistry experiments)[Job Location]
1-1, Iijima-Bunkyo-cho, Akita, 011-8511, Japan
[Expected job starting date]
April 1, 2024
[Academic research field]
Life science, Environment, Nanotechnology, Materials,
|Associate Professor or Lecturer|
|Akita City (TOHOKU district), Japan|
(1) Having the degree of Doctor (Ph.D.), or expected to have the degree of Doctor (Ph.D.)
before the starting date.
(2) Having sufficient ability of Japanese language to lecture on all of the above educational
subjects to Japanese students and to conduct tasks associated with school duties.
(3) Having interests in education and research at the National Institute of Technology
(KOSEN). Having understanding and enthusiasm for students’ daily life guidance at the
college, especially for class management, club activities and students’ dormitory.
(4) Having the desire and ability to carry out research at the National Institute of Technology
Basic (monthly) salary is paid based on the rule of the National Institute of Technology,
which is determined mainly by age and job experience. Various allowances are paid if
some requirements are met. There are bonus-system and pay raise system.
From 8:30 to 17:00.
(Basically) Saturday, Sunday and national holidays
Depending on the college events, several holidays are to be changed to working days,
based on the labor agreement with the college. The system for paid leaves is based on the
rule of the National Institute of Technology.
Insurance of “Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology Mutual Aid
Association, Japan” and Labor insurance.
|Deadline: December 21, 2023(JST).|
/notification of result
[Required documents for application]
(1) Resume, Curriculum vitae: Containing the following items;
Name, date of birth, age, sex, current address, phone number, e-mail address,
and profile photo. In addition, educational background (history of education),
academic and professional practice experience (work history), membership on
professional organizations, degrees and awards.
(2) List of achievements: Categorized into the following four items,
Theses, projects, patents and publications. Peer-reviewed papers should be specified.
(3) Copy of five main publications (five peer-reviewed papers).
(4) Summary of current research work within one sheet of A4-size paper.
(5) An essay on aspirations for education and research activity at the college,
if employed, within one sheet of A4-size paper.
(6) A letter of recommendation.
Otherwise, a document with name, affiliation, title and contact information of a person
(resident in Japan, if possible) to whom we can ask reference opinions about the applicant.
December 21, 2023
Application documents must be accepted not later than 17:00, Thursday,
December 21, 2023(JST)
Office of Human Resources,
Akita Collage, National Institute of Technology,
1-1, Iijima-Bunkyo-cho, Akita, 011-8511,
(1) Mark the envelope as “Application Materials (General Education, Chemistry) Enclosed”
in red and send as a registered package.
(2) Application documents will not be returned.
(3) The personal information described in the application documents will not be used for
any purpose other than this screening.
(4) The applicant residing outside Japan can submit documents by e-mail. In this case,
please contact us in advance.
First screening: Document review
Second screening: Interview
Applicants who have passed the first screening will be contacted via e-mail.
No travel expenses for the interview are paid. The selection result will be notified by e-mail.
[Contact] (e-mail only)
Professor, Head of Department of General Education,
National Institute of Technology, Akita Collage, Japan
Our college is promoting gender equality. The woman will be preferentially employed,
if evaluations of applicants’ achievements (including educational achievements,
research achievements,and social contributions) are recognized as equivalent.
The school promotes overseas training programs for students, and expects applications to
play an active role in international affairs. After being hired, your work location will be the
location of our school (1-1, Iijima-bunkyo-cho, Akita City Akita Prefecture). However,
if you wish, you may transfer to another college between national colleges of technology.